Friday, December 10, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Mark Carrothers

Opened: July 6, 2010
Location: North and Northwest-Indianapolis

Q: Where do you currently live?

A: I live and am based in Kirklin, Indiana.

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?

A: Before franchising with HomeTeam, I worked as an industrial HVAC engineer for over 30 years doing both industrial and commercial work. Due to corporate downsizing, I lost my job and couldn’t find a job in the industry around Indianapolis. I realized that I had an opportunity to begin a new career and wanted to open my own business, to ensure job security in the future.

Q: How did you learn about the brand?

A: I looked at a variety of different franchise options when I began looking into a new career. After looking at a variety of concepts, I realized I needed to pursue something in the housing industry since that is the area that I had the most expertise in from my previous career. I used the internet as my main tool for research, looking into major brands in the home inspection industry.

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?

A: HomeTeam was the right brand for a number of reasons. After spending 30 years in commercial and industrial HVAC, I realized my skills would be most beneficial in the home industry. In addition, HomeTeam provided a franchise model that was established and had proven themselves apart from their competitors. Within the industry, they are noted for providing a professional business service and ensure a timely service by providing team of qualified individuals to performing the inspection. That one of the qualities I found most important as a franchisee.

Q: What are some of your thoughts on the industry?


A: People thought that I was crazy for going into the housing industry with the failing real estate market across the county. However, I strongly believe that no matter what the economy is like, there are always ways to succeed in business. What I focus on in this industry is that hard work pays off and by creating relationships with real estate brokers; I will find ways to continue to grow in metro-Indianapolis despite the economic climate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics