Friday, November 5, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Mike Faulconer

Mike Faulconer - HomeTeam Inspection Service

Location Opened in 2002.

Q: Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
A: “Before I got into franchising, I worked in the corporate world for 20 years. I was primarily involved with sales and marketing management. I burned out of the corporate world and wanted to go into business for myself. That’s why I decided to shop around for a new opportunity.”

Q: Why was this brand the right fit for you?
A: “First of all, I looked into franchising because I wanted and needed the support. I still find it valuable to this day every day. It’s very important to have a network of colleagues to tap into. I didn’t have experience in home inspection, but I wanted something that would be an intangible service. I was thinking of something that could be a viable business in a short amount of time. I think of myself as a small business owner and entrepreneur. It just so happens my business is home inspection. Luckily, I’m good at it!”

Q: What’s your business approach?
A: “We use a team approach on every inspection. I go to each home inspection along with a subcontractor on my team. We also pull in others as needed. I’d say typically there are three of us at each home inspection, which cuts the time of the inspection down to about half.”

Q: What have been some career milestones for you/your business?
A: “Last year, we had our best year and grew about 15%. While many businesses were down, we had a banner year. We gained more market share and continue to gain market share this year. While others were losing business and getting out of the business, we continue to grow.”

Q: What are your future goals? Development plans?
A: “My goal is to continue to gain market share in my existing territory. I may add multiple teams in the future too.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics