Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Franchisee Profile: Ray Fonos

Franchisee: Ray Fonos
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Q: What did you do before becoming a HomeTeam franchisee?
A: I spent 25 years in corporate America working in sales and service product management. I was starting to get tired of the whole corporate culture, having all the responsibility without all the power and the “more with less” mentality. When my company was bought out, I took my chance to strike out on my own.

Q: How did you learn about HomeTeam?
A: A former employee I kept in touch with owned a HomeTeam franchise and was very happy with it. He said he thoroughly enjoyed the work, and after doing some research I decided it sounded like something I would enjoy.

Q: What steps did you take to validate HomeTeam as a brand?
A: I did lots of research online into HomeTeam and its competitors, checking the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 and other resources. I ended up choosing HomeTeam because of their marketing program. None of the other brands I looked at could match the professionalism, content or quality of HomeTeam’s material.

Q: What are some career milestones for you? Is there anything unique about your business?
A: My growth has been exponential every year we’ve been open. Last year I was in the top 10 for HomeTeam franchises, and we’re set to do so again this year. Even though it’s been a tough year for the housing industry, we’ve done very well. We continue to gain market share. My strong service background enables us to deliver the highest quality service and superior customer care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics